Re: producing high quality output with docbook xsl

> "Pfistner, Norbert" wrote:

> So I looked for the latest release and got a rpm from suse 7.3
> It's working -- but with several errors:
> 1. qandasets have empty xsl templates --> no output is generated
> 2. german language setting (lang="de") is not honoured (e.g. chapter
> namings, parskip and parindent seems to be english style)
>
> 3. table entries are one-liners and produce overfull lines (should be
> parboxe'd)
> 4. I provide two imagefile (one in eps, the other in png) for all
> images. Both are rendered into the latex file and latex trys to
> display both (side by side, failing with the png-file) while pdflatex
> successfully (but wrongly) displays both of them (sublabled with a)
> and b) )
>
> 5. Carets and some other chars are not translated into latex code so I
> get errors from them.
> 6. maybe soveral more bugs

Yes, there is a lot of unsupported things. I must rewrite some templates
to customize it and to get Czech language working. You can download
whole my DocBook sources and customization templates for db2latex at
http://www.kosek.cz/diplomka/dp.zip. There is some info about these
changes at http://www.kosek.cz/diplomka/ but it is in Czech language,
unfortunately.

> Are there any updates/bugfixes for db2latex?

AFAIK no, author stoped development temporaly as is stated at db2latex
homepage (http://db2latex.sourceforge.net).

						Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz