Spellchecking german docbook sources on Windows, ideas?

Hi all,

I'd like to check the spelling of my german docboook sources. On a thread on
this list a while ago aspell was recommended. I found Windows binaries on the
web and also german dictionaires for Suse Linux. English dictionaries work. I
installed the german dictionaries with the makefile that was part of the
distribution, but these don't work giving strange results.

Has someone succeeded in using german dictionaries with aspell? Anything special
I need to do on Windows? Any other tools I might try?

Any hints appreciated!

Martin