Re: openjade turns ° into °

Sasha Zucker wrote:

> But, my problem is that my audience may not be savvy enough to figure out
> to change their browser's encoding to UTF-8. So, they will see the
> unexpected character. My solution is to manually delete the  This
> solution may not scale to larger projects, so my question is: how do I
> OpenJade to generate output with the ° transformed into the named
> entity ° and not into the UTF-8 character for the degree symbol itself?
>
> Wow, I hope this question makes sense to someone.

You can include following code into your customization layer:

(define %html-header-tags%
  '(("META" ("HTTP-EQUIV" "Content-Type") ("CONTENT" "text/html;
charset=utf-8"))))

This will insert meta tag with encoding information into each generated
HTML file. Most browsers take encoding information from this place (but
you must be careful when serving pages from web-server, encoding
information served in HTTP headers has higher priority) and will change
encoding automatically.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz