Re: Problem with Next/Prev links when usinghtml/chunk.xml

Vincent Hikida <vhikida@inreach.com> writes:

> I'm having a problem in the html created using chunk.xml.
>
>  Basically, the "next" and "prev" links are often wrong. An example is that
> the next link may be "ch03s02.htmlch04.htmlch04s02.html" when it should be
> ch03s02.html
> I've documented my problem at http://www.vhikida.com/docbook/docbook.html
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I don't think you're doing anything wrong -- I think it may be that
the XSLT engine you're using (Xalan?) has a bug.

I couldn't reproduce your error using either xsltproc or Saxon. Both
generate the navigation links correctly. For output from Saxon using
your sample XML source file and the current version of the
stylesheets, take a look at:

  http://docbook.sourceforge.net/outgoing/sample/

It seems like current versions of Xalan may not work reliably with
current versions of the DocBook stylesheets -- you should try with
Saxon or xsltproc instead.

Btw, there is one validity error in your XML source document: you have
the the same value, "background", for id attributes on two different
Section elements -- those should have unique id's instead:
"background1" and "background2" or whatever.

  --Mike

--
Michael Smith, Tokyo, Japan    http://sideshowbarker.net
&#x30DE;&#x30A4;&#x30AF;

Both flowers and weeds spring when the sun is warm,
And great men do great good or else great harm.

  --John Webster (The White Devil, ca. 1610)