Re: xsl fop and glossary format in pdf trouble

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 05:21:20PM +0200, zope-mailinglist wrote:
> hello all
>
> i'm using the xsl stylesheets to create a pdf file using fop
> everything in the latest version
>
> i have a problem with my glossary
> due to the fact, that e have relatively long terms, the term is written
> over the definition in pdf, where the glossary is in table format.
>
> questions:
> 1. is there a variable to get my glossary in block format like for
> variablelist through:
> <xsl:param name="variablelist.as.blocks" select="1"/>
>
> 2. is there a possibility to make the term wrap in its table cell, this
> would be the best.

Well, a glossary isn't in a table.
The current fo stylesheet puts a glossary in a
fo:list-block, glossentries in a
fo:list-item, the glossterm in a fo:list-item-label
and the glossdef in a fo:list-item-body.
So the fo output is already doing the equivalent of
the variablelist.  The label just isn't being handled
properly by FOP when it is longer than its designated
width.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com