Re: org.apache.fop.apps.Fop does not generate any output

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 02:05:19PM -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:53:44AM +0200, Johannes Zellner wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > # org.apache.fop.apps.Fop index.fo -pdf index.pdf
> > [INFO]: FOP 0.20.3
> >
> > just does not generate any pdf output.
> > But I don't get any error messages.
> > What could be the problem?
>
> Are you able to process other docbook .fo files?
>
> If so, then take a peek inside this one to see if it looks
> anything like the others that do work.  Perhaps it
> has no fo:page-sequence elements?
>
> What tools are you using to generate the index.fo file?

xsltproc

I tracked down the problem on a different machine. It seems that
'kaffe' is not able to handle apache's fop. On a different machine
I get with 'kaffe':

[INFO]: FOP 0.20.3
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Service.providers(Driver.java:586)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.setupDefaultMappings(Driver.java:307)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.<init>(Driver.java:201)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:58)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

with blackdown java everything works fine. Unfortunately there's only kaffe
on the machine at work and I've no root access ;-(

Are there any other fop converters except the one by apache?

--
   Johannes