Re: openjade going into an endless loop

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 10:57:51AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:05:24PM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > >
> > > Does this mean that you are using a pre-release openjade 1.4 rather than
> > > 1.3.x ?
> >
> > For information, Debian has 1.4devel in package "openjade", and 1.3.1
> > in package "openjade1.3" (the latter was packaged much more recently
> > than 1.4devel)
>
> I was in fact using 1.4devel. Have downgraded to openjade1.3 now and
> have fixed a syntactic bug in my firstdocbook.xml.
>
> I would like to use the ldp style sheets from ldp-docbook-dsssl, but
> when I try to build HTML using
>  openjade -t xml -d /usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/ldp/ldp.dsl#html firstdocbook.xml
> I get a truckload of error messages saying
> "openjade:/usr/share/sgml/dtd/catalog:18:0:W: DTDDECL catalog entries are not supported"
> for a lot of files.

You'll find my runjade script in the sgml2x package.  Among other
things it filters out those annoying warnings.  Just prefix your
"openjade" command with "runjade".

The real fix would be to see how it is that jade does not spit those
warnings, and port the changes into openjade1.3.

> After the DTDDECL warnings, I get some error messages:
> openjade:/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/ldp/ldp.dsl:264:9:E: "element" is not the name of any flow object class

Strange.  That looks like "element" has not been declared, although it
is declared by the modular stylesheets, of which ldp.dsl inherits...

Try with all 3 jade variants, and see whether they differ in behaviour.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique