Re: openjade going into an endless loop

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 12:49:56PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 12:31:43PM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > Note: docbook-2-html (from sgml2x as well) will do that for you, as
> > well as using runjade.
>
> I am thrilled by finding docbook-2-html and the other docbook-2-foo
> scripts as they to what I want to do without having to fight. This is
> how it should be - why aren't these great tools mentioned in the HOWTO
> files on the web?

They are quite recent.  You may find the RedHat docbook-utils tools
mentionned in HOWTOs, but AFAIK they don't use runjade, which is even
more recent.

> I can think about making the output look good later.

This is something I've tried to address as well, but only for
printable output for now.  Should you need that, my stylesheets are in
the alcovebook-sgml package, "docbook-2-pdf --help" will list
available styles.

> This is great news, and I _really_ appreciate your help.

Thanks :)

> > I don't think I updated the sgml2x conf to
> > find ldp in woody/sid - if not (see whether "docbook-2-html --help"
> > lists ldp as available style),
>
> No, it doesn't.
>
> > try "docbook-2-html --style
> > local=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/ldp/ldp.dsl"
>
> No output with that:
> |haber@karen[12/512]:~/docbook$ docbook-2-html --style local=/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/ldp/ldp.dsl firstdocbook.xml
> |Das AccountingsystemMarc HaberTable of Contents1. Einleitung.Das AccountingsystemDas Accountingsystem1. EinleitungBlafaselhaber@karen[13/513]:~/docbook$

The '#html' suffix looks necessary.  I really should add support for
this.  In the meantime, you can get the commands run by sgml2x by
using the '-n' flag, and you can cut'n'paste the jade line, adding the
'#html' suffix.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique