Customizing PS book output - through DSSSL or direct onPS code ?

Hi All:

I've got a problem that is confusing me.
After looking for a answer through mailing list archives and
googling around, can't figure out how can I get the job done.
First of all, I've got some knowledgment on customizing
DocBook DSSSL. I've customized one as following:

(define bop-footnotes
;; Make "bottom-of-page" footnotes?
#t)

(define %footnote-ulinks%
;; Generate footnotes for ULinks?
#f)

(define tex-backend
;; Are we using the TeX backend?
#t)

(define %section-autolabel%
;; Are sections enumerated?
#t)

(define %chapter-autolabel%
;; Are chapters enumerated?
#t)

(define %show-ulinks%
;; Display URLs after ULinks?
#f)

And the output is almost like my desire.

My questions are:

* How can I create a header at top of each page with a thin line from left to right and the title of book justified on right side.
I did this issue including some PostScript code at PS output file,
but it is very hard to do! :)
* How can I modify the first page of each chapter to be more
beautiful. The default one is just like:

Chapter 1. Introduction

I'd like a big chapter number (1) inside a light gray square and
the title of chapter (Introduction) in italic below chapter's number.
Again I can create a procedure in PostScript and overlay default feature above. But again it is quite hard.

So. Is there a way to configure DSSSL, openjade, jadetex , DVIPS, whatever to make these issues automagically ??

Thanks a lot in advance

PS: I'm using:

DocBook DTD 4.1
DocBook DSSSL 1.76b+ (from CVS)
OpenJade 1.3
Jadetex 3.6
DVIPS 5.86
And a mug with Tux printed on :)

[]'s
Lucas Brasilino
brasilino@recife.pe.gov.br
http://www.recife.pe.gov.br
Emprel - Empresa Municipal de Informatica (pt_BR)
Municipal Computing Enterprise (en_US)
Recife - Pernambuco - Brasil
Fone: +55-81-34167078