Re: Table "morerows" fails with DBF?

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 20:12, Robert C. Paulsen Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 06:05:16PM +0100, Ian Castle wrote:
> > Sure it isn't openjade 1.3.1?
> >
> > If it isn't you will need that.
> >
> > However, there are still some problems with morerows - it doesn't work
> > in all circumstances... (usually if the column with "morerows" is the
> > first column, then it works :-).
>
> Thanks! I downloaded and installed OpenJade 1.3.1 and "morerows" is now
> working. I only needed it to work in the first column, but it worked OK in
> the 2nd column at least in the simple test case I tried (a minor mod to
> the example in my original post).
>
> To install, I simply did the standard:
>
>   ./configure

You probably want to supply values for the default catalogs and search
path:

 --enable-default-catalog=/etc/sgml/catalog

and

 --enable-default-search-path=/usr/share/sgml

This will give you behaviour that is compatible with the LSB
specification.

Another useful option is

 --enable-http

Which will allow you to validate your web sites - e.g. onsgmls -v -s
http://my.website.tld, which can be nice.

Finally, you can specify a directory for storing some of the dsssl
"library" functions (some of the higher level DSSSL in openjade is
defined in terms of lower level DSSSL functions).

--datadir=/usr/share/sgml/openjade-1.3.1

for example. That just keeps all your sgml related stuff in the LSB
directory structure.

You may also want to specify --prefix if you don't want to use
/usr/local - but that is probably as /usr/local.

>   make
>   makeinstall

make install-man to get some nice manual pages.

> then renamed some original executables and made a few softlinks:
>
>   cd /usr/bin
>   mv jade jade-orig
>   mv spam spam-orig
>   mv nsgmls nsgmls-orig
>   mv sgmlnorm sgmlnorm-orig
>   mv spent spent-orig
>   ln -s /usr/local/bin/openjade jade
>   ln -s /usr/local/bin/ospam spam
>   ln -s /usr/local/bin/onsgmls nsgmls
>   ln -s /usr/local/bin/osgmlnorm sgmlnorm
>   ln -s /usr/local/bin/ospent spent

That's the best thing to do.

> The docbook tools I use now seem to pick up the new stuff.

I'm surprised* that SuSE doesn't have an openjade 1.3.1 RPM though!!!!

Regards,

Ian.

*well, actually, I'm pretty sure that they do.