Re: Docbook Path problems with XSLTPROC in Windows

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:43:07AM -0400, Phil Glaser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the xsltproc binaries for win32 (from
> http://www.fh-frankfurt.de/~igor/projects/libxml/index.html). It works fine
> if I execute from the directory containing the docbook.xsl file, but if I
> exec from anywhere else, xsltproc cannot find the docbook include files due
> to the relative paths. I've experiemented with various combinations of
> specifying absolte and releative paths when I execute xsltproc, but to no
> avail. Executing from the same directory all the time would be a royal pain.
> Is there some other solution short of hard-coding the paths into the driver
> file (and who knows where else), or is that my only option?
[...]
> Principal and Software Architect

Windows (relative) path cannot be interpreted (correctly) as URI-References.
And Windows absolute paths usually don't work well as base URIs to construct
references. IMHO this is a naming problem, and I don;t have a clean solution
to this !

Other option is to subscribe to the libxml [1] list and discuss the issue
there (and possibly send patches).

  Sorry I do not run Windows, and don't intend to change this anytime
in the foreseable future, so if you have troubles on that platform,
the best is to discuss this on the list and provide patches (Igor
is the maintainer of the MSC port, there is also a Cygwin one).

Daniel