Re: XSL > v1.50 --> SVG namespace error

/ Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com> was heard to say:
| In the mean time, the bugzilla record suggests moving
| the namespace declaration out of the template and
| into the <xsl:stylesheet> element in html/graphics.xsl.
| This works with xsltproc, but I haven't had a chance
| to test its effect on Saxon or Xalan.  There was a
| problem in the past with namespace declarations
| appearing on almost every output element, but I don't
| recall the circumstances.

The circumstances where when the xmlns declaration was on xsl:stylesheet :-(

However, that would be an improvement over complete brokenness so I went
ahead and gave it a try. After modifying graphics.xsl to move the xmlns:svg
declaration up to the xsl:stylesheet, xsltproc still fails for me:

  xsltproc -param use.extensions '0' --output out-2.xhtml ../xsl/html/docbook.xsl tests/svg.001.xml
  Variable $SGML_CATALOG_FILES not set
  Error Undefined namespace prefix
  xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed

(Daniel, it'd be nice if this message could include a little more context, like
what prefix was undeclared and what XPath expression was being evaluated...)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | When we are tired, we are attacked