Re: profile.xsl questions

> fyl2xp1 wrote:
>
> Why does profile.xsl not generate the SYSTEM identifier that the
> person uses in their own document as the doctype-system value
> in the target document?
>
> Why does it generate the http address of the dtd on the oasis
> website instead?  - personally I'd like it to generate the same
> as what is in my original document...
> (I do use catalog files so this doesn't really matter but I was
> wondering why)

This information (FPI and SYSTEM identifier) are unavaialable to XSLT
processing so there is no way to read them from source document and
reproduce in profiled document. You can customize profiling stylesheet
to generate identifiers you want.

> Also profile.xsl also seemed to not markup CDATA sections,
> (it missed them out alltogether) which meant that it generated
> a non-valid XML document.  Is it supposed to work this way?

CDATA information is also lost during XSLT processing. But all XML
significant characters found in CDATA section should be written as
corresponding entity on output.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz