Re: Re: docbook.dsl SGML-only?

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> / Erik Price <erikprice@mac.com> was heard to say:
> | Okay.  According to that error message, that the file named
> |
> | /sw/share/sgml/dsssl/docbook-dsssl-nwalsh/print/docbook.dsl
> |
> | contains the following line
> |
> | <!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style
> | Sheet//EN" [
> |
> | and that OpenJade wants to know how to resolve this public identifier
> | into a SYSTEM file.  This is my best guess.  The problem is that I am
>
> Right. You need a catalog file for Jade to find it's doctypes. But
> they're part of the Jade distribution so adding a '-c' catalog to your
> Jade command line ought to fix it.

I experienced the same problem as this response from Norman was coming.
Recently had to reinstall RedHat Linux 6.2. I had forgotten that the
CATALOG file shipped with that has incorrect entries for all the
stylesheet stuff. Once I'd hacked the directory names to reflect where
RPM had placed the DSSSL files everything worked ... again.

> | Should I manually add a line to the catalog file that does a mapping
> | here?  And if so, what file on my SYSTEM should I map this PUBLIC
> | identifier to?
>
> On my system, this catalog exists in the directory where Jade was installed.
> Make sure you've got a catalog like this on your SGML_CATALOG_FILES path or
> on a -c argument to Jade.
>
> PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Flow Object Tree//EN" "fot.dtd"
> PUBLIC "ISO/IEC 10179:1996//DTD DSSSL Architecture//EN" "dsssl.dtd"
> PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" "style-sheet.dtd"

The document I'm working on now has a DSSSL driver file. As a background
activity I'm writing a makefile to be delivered with teh SGML instance. It
would be helpful if the makefle were to check that CATALOG entries were
correct, ie that the directory names given in CATALOG exist and contain
the referenced objects. Probably more appropriate to ask oaboutthis on teh
make mailing list rather than here --- unless anyone's already done it.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!