Re: SGML vs XML

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> Not if you insist that the document validate both before and after
> profiling. One might be satisfied to have validation only after. I
> wouldn't, I don't think, but one might.

Validating before will tell you the XML file is valid -- it will say
nothing about the document you are actually interested in.

> Anyway, we aren't getting marked sections back so I think the
> element-based approach is what we're stuck with.

It's just a little statement in the SGML declaration of XML.  At the
authoring stage it might be helpful to add some features to
xml.d[e]cl -- later on you can sgmlnorm and sgml2xml on your file.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o