Re: htmlhelp: merged chm's

"Zhuravleva, Tatyana" wrote:

> I need to generate multiple chm files from DocBook source, merged in several
> master files. Are there any plans to support OBJECT/param[@name='Merge'] in
> the htmlhelp stylesheet?

Not now. But you can file feature request at SourceForge
(http://docbook.sourceforge.net).

> I thought of using <set> for master files and <book> for subordinate chms,
> but there are some other problems: first, I need merging at levels deeper
> than 1 (nested <set>s?), and second, the <set> itself needs an introductory
> section, which is not allowed by DTD.

I think that merging of CHM could be very well integrated with new OLink
mechanism created by Bob. I have it on my To-Do list, but it is very
long :-(

> Can anybody advise something?

I think that OLink way is good way. You will need to do 3 things.

1. Links which goes beyond boundaries of one document (CHM file) should
be changed to olinks.
2. Change templates for olink slightly, so they will create links like
otherBook.chm::/page.html, instead of ../otherBook/page.html.
3. Create stylesheet which will create project files for almost empty
CHM from olink databases. This CHM will just reference all partials CHMs
and merge them.

						Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz