Re: Why does xsltproc produce a segmentation faultwhen...

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 07:19:20PM +0200, Giuseppe Greco wrote:
> I have a problem with xsltproc...
>
> I wrote a document like this:
>
> <!DOCTYPE bibliography PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
>   "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd";
> <bibliography>
>   <title>My title</title>
>   <bibliodiv>
>   </bibliodiv>
> </bibliography>
>
> When xsltproc processes this file, a segmentation fault occurs.
> To fix the problem, I have to modify my document as following:
>
> !DOCTYPE bibliography PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
>   "/usr/share/sgml/docbook/xml-dtd/docbookx.dtd"
> <bibliography>
>   <title>My title</title>
>   <bibliodiv>
>   </bibliodiv>
> </bibliography>
>
> Yes, I have to replace the URL with a local URI.
> Could somebody tell me why xsltproc behaves like this?

  No idea, it is not a normal behaviour. The same document will work
properly if you have an XML catalog properly installed or access to the
internet and that the docbook resources are available.

  You definitely have an installation problem. It's impossible to diagnostic
without more informations. Check that your catalog are working properly
   http://xmlsoft.org/catalog.html

> Is there a work around?

  What are the error message ? what are the last lines of strace (or
truss on Solaris) pointing to ?
  Try --nonet to see if it's related to the network code fetching the
remote resources.
  And as Bob said, make sure you're using the latest versions
    ftp://xmlsoft.org/

Daniel