Re: content creation

Gary:

If you're running OSX, you can create PDFs from any doc, using Preview. That said, Preview doesn't give you a whole lot of control, whereas Acrobat does.

The web page -> PDF utility is nice, especially when you want to archive a website. I wouldn't recommend it though for printed output though. The best results we've gotten so far on the print front take the output from an RTF build, open the file in MSWord, make any necessary adjustments, and then distill to Acrobat. So if you've got Word you might want to try this.

I really like Acrobat. I use the catalog feature to maintain a rough and ready collection of internal documents. This feature creates an index that spans all the PDFs in the directories that you point it at. After that, anyone with Acrobat Reader (they might need a free plugin) can search across the entire collection. The searches support word stemming and thesaurus options, so they're quite powerful.

Also, the document comparison tool in Acrobat is the best I've encountered.

Hope this helps.