converting sgml docbook 3.0 to texinfo

Hi!

I'm working on getting some documentation for Cygwin into texinfo format.
It is currently (I think) in DocBook 3.0. I am quite a beginner with db,
let me describe how I came to that conclusion. The first line of the
source files, for example cygwin-ug-net.sgml, look like this:

<!doctype book PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN"

Right now I can make HTML output using a db2html.sh script from Jon Foster.
(Thanks!) This defines variables like:

DB_STYLESHEET=/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/cygnus-both.dsl
HTML_STYLESHEET=/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/test/docbook.css

and then uses them with openjade. The cygnus-both.dsl file starts with

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"

This all works fine.

Now, we would like users to be able to read the User's Guide online with
info, pinfo, emacs, etc. and so want to get some texinfo or at least info
files out of our sgml. I've been trying for the last couple of weeks to get
docbook2x to work, but it doesn't look like this is going to be easy. I don't
think some of the perl modules it requires will work on Cygwin without major
overhaul.

Anyone have any other suggestions?