Fredrik Svensson wrote:

needed.
The docbook.xsl (1.53.0) adds these elements (line 301-326).
I have currently solved this by commenting out the unwanted portions
(see example at the end).

How do I go about changing this in the best way ?
The <!-- --> will work for now, but is there a better way ?

This answer I got from Bob Stayton when I've been asking the same question several weeks ago:

> Currently the HTML head stuff is output by
> this template in html/docbook.xsl:
>
> <xsl:template match="*" mode="process.root">
>
> If you only want to modify this for articles,
> you could add a template in mode "process.root"
> to your html customization layer:

> <xsl:template match="article" mode="process.root">
> <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
> </xsl:template>

> Then it will not output the <head><body> stuff, but
> it will process everything in the document
> as html.

This works fine fo me.

Of course you can do the same for <book>:

<xsl:template match="book" mode="process.root">
<xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
</xsl:template>

This "feature" will only be called by the webappliction while docbook.xsl
should remain normal. I guess it is possible to write some simple
stylesheet that calls docbook.xsl

Yes. You just need a 'customization layer' - a stylesheet that imports the original docbook.xsl and overrides all templates you need to change, as in the examples above.

Regards
Gisbert Amm

http://web.de/