Re: Stylesheets customizations to play nice with FOP

Bob replies to:

> 1) Page headers and footers aren't centered. Sorry, I don't
>    know how to fix it.
<<<<<

with

Perhaps the problem is the use of the
proportional-column-width() function in your
customized header.table template?  Is that function
supported in FOP?  You might need to use percentage
or fixed column widths (ugh).

You might try turning on
table borders in your header.table to test where
the cell boundaries are.  The center cell uses
text-align="center", but if the cell itself is
not centered on the page, then the text won't be
centered on the page.
<<<<<

I'm having a similar problem with PassiveTex, but it's the separator
lines--not the headers and footers themselves--that are not centered. For
an article, I get a header with a separator line ending just one space to
the right of the title. Something like this:

                                 Sample Article Title

The footer line ends aligns with the header line. Is this a problem with my
DocBook or PassiveTeX? Any idea how to get those lines centered?

Thanks.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.