Re: Sorting and non-en_US indexes

Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

> I have tried with include href="autoidx_tr.xsl" however What ever I do I
> can not make Java to load "Compare_tr" it always loads the default :-(
>
> [Loaded com.icl.saxon.sort.Compare_en]

Test it on some simple stylesheet. E.g. create stylesheet with just one
template like this:

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:for-each select="//text()">
    <xsl:sort select="." lang="tr"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

and see what is happening.

> options
> a) There is no Turkish Support with SunJava
>
> b) There is but I do not have it

I know that Sun had two versions of Java run-time (at least in 1.2 and
1.3) -- standard and international. Standard version didn't supported
additional encodings, collating sequences and so on. I must always use
international version. Might be this is your problem.

> d) Why do I have to learn so many things just make a simple thing ( for
> hyphenation with Fop I had to create the configuration from the TeX Turkish
> hyphenation where TeX is was and will be Greek to me. In order to write
> a non working Compare_tr ( Although I had an example I had to look Saxon
> documentation Java documentation to understand what and why I am doing
> it

Of course, you can always use MS Word ;-)

> e) Most probably I am a masochist

or hacker who wants to play with cutting-edge technologies :-)

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz