Re: modular docbook documents using xpointer

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:08:06AM +0200, Arno Sosna wrote:
> >   Because they select the top-level-included-items and what gets
> > produced in the result tree are all the subtrees under tose selected
> > nodes. No change in semantic at the XPointer level, just a
> > misunderstanding
> > of the XInclude specification. Please read it :-)
> >    http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#dt-top-level-included-items
>
> so basically it means, that the error is in the syntax, not the tool, am i
> right?

  Well in this case this doesn't seems a bug in the implementation :-)

> which leads me back to the problem of not knowing how to do it :-)
> well, i guess back to xpath/xpointer...

  It may actually be difficult to do "filtering out" operations with
XInclude + XPointer. Seems such an operation is more easily done further
in the processing chain for example by skipping the elements at the XSLT
level.

Daniel