Re: No adjustColumnWidths available in MS IE / settingclasspath

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 07:30:42AM +0100, Kraa de Simon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The editors are using MS IE to pre-view the DocBook documents (using the
> processing instruction <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
> href="file://hol01sthira/utils/docbook-xsl-1.52.2/html/docbook.xsl"?>).
>
> This works pretty good, but when a table is in the XML document they get the
> following error message:
>
> ---
> The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using XSL style
> sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try
> again later.
>
> No adjustColumnWidths function available.
> ---
>
> When I process the documents with Saxon I have to add extensions\saxon65.jar
> to the classpath or else I get the same error.
>
> But how do I set the classpath for MS IE?
>
> Adding classpath to the system environment variables didn't help.
>
> I have also set HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Java VM\Classpath. Didn't help
> either...

The Java extension classes won't work in MSIE
because its parser MSXML is not written in Java.

But I'm curious about why you are getting this error message.
The adjustColumnWidths extension function is used only
if the 'use.extensions' and 'tablecolumns.extension'
parameters are both set to nonzero.  The 'use.extensions'
parameter in 1.52.2 is zero by default.  Did someone
edit your params.xsl file?  Setting that parameter
back to zero will avoid the termination that occurs
when it can't find the extension function.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com