Re: xml editor $99

Hi Dave,

We've been using epcEdit here in the IBM Linux Technology Center for the
past year. The GUI was a bit buggy at first, but the designers have been
helpful and receptive of criticism. I don't care for full-WYSIWYG
interfaces, but I like the power and speed of a hybrid-format editor. I
find it much faster than typing out the tags or, as in emacs, typing the
opening tags and using shortcuts to close them.  Also, epcEdit's text mode
highlights tags much like XMetaL's or like KDE's KATE. Although epcEdit
cannot yet compete with Arbortext for robustness or ease of use, it is less
expensive, easier to customize, and works equally well in both Linux and
Windows.

The two biggest upgrades I like to see to epcEdit are XLST and XSL-FO
editing modes.

If you'd like any more details, drop me a line.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.

                      Dave Pawson
                      <dpawson@nildram.        To:       docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
                      co.uk>                   cc:
                                               Subject:  DOCBOOK-APPS: xml editor $99
                      11/06/2002 01:21
                      PM

on comp.text.xml a ann tells us of epcedit.
Reasonable price for non commercial use.

Has anyone tried it please?
*nix and win32.

http://www.epcedit.com/Products/Features/features.html
for features.