Re: bookmark and index problems (and a partial solution)

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 02:05 PM, Kevin Dunn wrote:

My first problem has been reported here before (I saw it in the
archive), but no one could reproduce it or suggest a fix.  The PDF
bookmarks aren't nesting properly.  Specifically, sections are being
promoted to the top level as if they were chapters.  I haven't been
able to work around this yet.  Any suggestions?

This used to work and got broken in dsl 1.76. I posted a fix at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/ index.php?func=detail&aid=524028&group_id=21935&atid=373747
Thanks. That fixed that problem. The problem with indexterm tags in titles and tables turns out to be a problem in jadetex itself. I may have a partial workaround that involves shoving the TeX node into the output stream right before the table, but I'm still trying to work the bugs out to make it usable.

I just ran into one more nasty bug. When I create a table, the column width is always width/n where n is the number of columns. That works fine as long as all of the columns contain wrappable text. When you have a table of things like enumerations and their meanings, though, you get some really raw-looking output. I often end up with the text of the second column sticking out of the side of the table, or worse, the text of the first column overflowing into (read "on top of") the second. Blech.

The obvious solution is to have the column width set to the width of the widest hbox that occurs within it. Does anyone know of a way (with DocBook DSSSL) to get JadeTeX to get variable column width?

Thanks,
David