Re: how to change the displayed style of<lineannotation>?

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 06:05:26AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   currently, in a <screen> element, anything i put in a
> <lineannotation> element is displayed in regular, courier font.
> what's the easiest way to have that italic, times roman
> instead?
>
>   is there a specific XSL stylesheet directive for doing this,
> or should i go through the CSS decoration?  and am i making any
> sense for this early in the morning?

It looks like the XSL stylesheets don't give you much
help on this.  There is no parameter for this,
and currently 'lineannotation' is not
wrapped in a <span class="lineannotation"> for HTML output,
so CSS won't know how to select it.  It currently
just does plain character sequence:

<xsl:template match="lineannotation">
  <xsl:call-template name="inline.charseq"/>
</xsl:template>

You'd have to customize this template to add the <span> so
CSS would work:

<xsl:template match="lineannotation">
</xsl:template>

I think this might make a good feature request for
the stylesheets.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com