simplified DocBk and XSL

If I use a simplifed version of DocBook ( such as DocBk XML V3.1.5.1.), will I still be able to use the stylesheets at docbook.sourceforge.net?

We're moving the userGuide for an open source project from .doc to DocBook xml, and it seems like a simplied version might suffice for our purposes.

If I knew it were a subset, I would assume they would work but since it's a 'simplified' version, I would really like to know before doing the conversion.

Considerately,

Shawn