Announce: DocBook XSL 1.58.0 test release

releases in a "less obvious" way. This gives early adopters a chance
to report typos and thinkos before the stylesheets go into widespread
distribution.

Xsltproc fans should note especially the beginnings of support for
extensions.

If you're so inclined, please grab

  http://docbook.sf.net/release/xsl/docbook-xsl-1.58.0.zip

You can also try this release directly by using:

  http://docbook.sf.net/release/xsl/snapshot/{html/docbook.xsl,fo/docbook.xsl,...}

If there are no serious bug reports in the next few days, I'll make an
official ".1" release.

RELEASE-NOTES:

   Release 1.58.0

   The 1.58.0 adds some initial support for extensions in xsltproc, adds a
   few features, and fixes bugs.

     o This release contains the first attempt at extension support for
       xsltproc. The only extension available to date is the one that adjusts
       table column widths. Run extensions/xsltproc/python/xslt.py.

     o Fixed bugs in calculation of adjusted column widths to correct for
       rounding errors.

     o Support nested refsection elements correctly.

     o Reworked gentext.template to take context into consideration. The name
       of elements in localization files is now an xpath-like context list,
       not just a simple name.

     o Made some improvements to bibliography formatting.

     o Improved graphical formatting of admonitions.

     o Added support for entrytbl.

     o Support spanning index terms.

     o Support bibliosource.

ChangeLog:

Changes since version 1.57.0 (2002-10-22)

Changes to xsl/*

  | 2002-11-17  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: Ignore the debian directory
  |
  | 	* Makefile: Don't include pyc files in distribution
  |
  | 	* README: Copyright this year too, huh?
  |
  | 	* RELEASE-NOTES.xml: Release notes
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.58.0 released.

Changes to xsl/common/*

  | 2002-11-14  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* common.xsl: Handle nested refsections in section.level
  |
  | 	* gentext.xsl: Pass full xpath name to gentext.template
  | 	  instead of just the local-name
  |
  | 	* l10n.xsl: Make gentext.template search through /-separated
  | 	  names

Changes to xsl/extensions/*

  | 2002-11-17  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* build.xml: New file.

Changes to xsl/fo/*

  | 2002-11-16  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* biblio.xsl: Support abstract in bibliomixed
  |
  | 	* biblio.xsl, xref.xsl: Support bibliosource; improve numbered
  | 	  bibliography entries and cross-references to them
  |
  | 	* pagesetup.xsl: Added template to create footnote separator
  | 	  rule (if supported by your favorite FO processor)
  |
  | 	* sections.xsl: Use value-of instead of copy-of for fo:marker
  | 	  because I haven't thought of a better way to avoid footnotes
  | 	  in markers which are illegal
  |
  | 2002-11-15  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* admon.xsl: Changed graphical.admonition template from an
  | 	  fo:table to an fo:list-block, so it works in both FOP and
  | 	  XEP.
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Fixed two bugs in longest.term template that
  | 	  prevented proper calculation of longest term width in
  | 	  variablelist.
  |
  | 2002-11-15  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Add support for xsltproc adjustColumnWidths
  | 	  extension
  |
  | 2002-11-14  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* biblio.xsl: Use xreflabel (if it's present) on bibliography
  | 	  entries
  |
  | 	* component.xsl: Don't restart page numbers on the first
  | 	  preface
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Support entrytbl
  |
  | 2002-11-08  Robert Stayton <bobstayton@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* pagesetup.xsl: Corrected left and right page margins for
  | 	  even page masters: inner and outer were reversed from what
  | 	  they should have been.
  |
  | 2002-10-31  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autoidx.xsl: Support spanning index terms
  | 	  (endofrange/startref)
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Put para spacing around tabular simplelists

Changes to xsl/html/*

  | 2002-11-16  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* admon.xsl: Align titles on graphical admonitions
  |
  | 	* biblio.xsl, xref.xsl: Support bibliosource; improve numbered
  | 	  bibliography entries and cross-references to them
  |
  | 2002-11-15  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Insignificant tweak
  |
  | 2002-11-14  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* biblio.xsl: Use xreflabel (if it's present) on bibliography
  | 	  entries
  |
  | 	* component.xsl: Article appendix titles should be top-level
  | 	  titles
  |
  | 	* refentry.xsl: Handle nested refsections
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Support entrytbl
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Whitespace
  |
  | 2002-11-01  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Output anchors for author/editor/othercredit
  | 	  names
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Output anchors for simplelist members
  |
  | 2002-10-31  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* autoidx.xsl: Support spanning index terms
  | 	  (endofrange/startref)

Changes to xsl/xhtml/*

  | 2002-11-14  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* html2xhtml.xsl: Make UTF-8 the default for XHTML

Changes to xsl/params/*

  | 2002-10-31  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* table.frame.border.thickness.xml, toc.margin.properties.xml,
  | 	  verbatim.properties.xml, xref.properties.xml: Documentation
  | 	  updates

Changes to xsl/extensions/xsltproc/python/*

  | 2002-11-15  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* .cvsignore: Ignore .pyc files
  |
  | 	* docbook.py: Handle FO result trees
  |
  | 	* docbook.py: New file.
  |
  | 	* xslt.py: Updated driver to use docbook.py
  |
  | 2002-11-14  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* xslt.py: Still experimenting

Changes to xsl/extensions/xalan2/.classes/*

  | 2002-11-17  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Makefile.common: Update classpaths

Changes to xsl/extensions/saxon643/com/nwalsh/saxon/*

  | 2002-11-15  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* ColumnScanEmitter.java: Make sure the width[] array returned
  | 	  is always exactly the right length
  |
  | 	* Table.java: Correct rounding errors in column percentage
  | 	  width calculation

Changes to xsl/extensions/xalan2/com/nwalsh/xalan/*

  | 2002-11-15  Norman Walsh <nwalsh@users.sourceforge.net>
  |
  | 	* Table.java: Correct rounding errors in column percentage
  | 	  width calculation

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- --