Re: Is bottom baseline alignment of inlinemediaobjectpossible ?

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:36:35PM +0100, Alain NAKACHE wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is an extract of my document :

> <itemizedlist>
>   <listitem>
>    <para>
>     <inlinemediaobject>
>      <imageobject>
>       <imagedata fileref="figures/zone1.png" format="PNG"/>
>      </imageobject>
>     </inlinemediaobject>
>      Blahhhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, ....
>    </para>
>   </listitem>
>   <listitem>
>    <para>
>     <inlinemediaobject>
>      <imageobject>
>       <imagedata fileref="figures/zone2.png" format="PNG"/>
>      </imageobject>
>     </inlinemediaobject>
>      Blahhhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, ....
>    </para>
>   </listitem>
> </itemizedlist>
>
> and here is a schema of the result with XLST 1.57.0 + FOP 0.24 :
>
> . +-+  Blahhhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh,
>    | |
>    +-+
>    Blahhh, ....
> . +-+ Blahhhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh,
>    | |
>    +-+
>    Blahhh, ....
>
> With DSSSL + JadeTex i obtained this result :
>
>    +-+
>    | |
> . +-+  Blahhhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh,
>    Blahhh, ....
>    +-+
>    | |
> . +-+  Blahhhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh, Blahhh,
>    Blahhh, ....
>
> Is it possible to obtain the same result as DSSSL rendering with XSLT ?

Yes, but not with FOP it seems.  The default alignment for
XSL-FO is for the bottom of the graphics block to be on the
baseline of the text, as your DSSSL example produces.  The
DocBook XSL stylesheets are putting out the correct XSL-FO,
but FOP isn't getting it right.  When I process the same
file with RenderX's XEP, I get the correct baseline
alignment that you want.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com