From: Lisa Carey [mailto:lisa.carey@havok.com]
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 11:30 AM
To: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: links between documents

Hi folks,

I have quite a large book broken up into chapters, each of which is a
separate xml file.  The book file just uses entities to tie them all
together. Anyway, I want to add some links between chapters - "You can find
out more about x here" sort of thing - and am wondering how best to do it.
<xref> works fine within chapters, but not between them (I get a link, but
it doesn't go anywhere).  Do I need to use <olink>s?

I'm using FOP to generate my PDF output, if that makes any difference!

cheers,

Lisa