Re: FO output: author in simpara, entry and term

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 09:28:21AM +0100, ABX wrote:
> When I used <author> in some allowed (according to 4.2 DTD) parents I got
> errors during rendering to FO with either xsltproc and instant saxon. I have
> fixed this adding to my customization layer following sequence:
>
> <xsl:template match="simpara/author">
>   <xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="entry/author">
>   <xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="term/author">
>   <xsl:apply-templates/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> Did I it correctly ? Is this intentional hole or just ommision ? In case of
> HTML rendering there is nothing wrong.

This was an omission from the FO stylesheets.
I checked in changes so that it works in a manner
similar to the HTML stylesheets.  It will be in the
next distribution.  In the mean time, you can use this:

<xsl:template match="author">
  <xsl:call-template name="person.name"/>
</xsl:template>

This puts together the person's name from the
subelements.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com