Re: xreflabel

Bob responded to Jeff's suggestion:
<<<<<
<snip>

> In other words, I think that the xreflabel should only be picked up when
the
> gentext template mechanism encounters a '%t'.  I don't think the
xreflabel
> should override the gentext template as it does now.
>
> I'm certain that I can make the necessary customizations for us, I'm just
> wondering if this idea makes sense and if the default behavior should
> change.  Any thoughts?

I think it is a fine idea, but I would worry about changing
the default behavior.  If someone has invested lots of
time entering xreflabels and are happy with the results,
then changing the behavior might be a shock.  How about
a 'use.xreflabel.as.title' parameter to make it optional?
<<<<<

I think the parameter is an outstanding suggestion. I know I'd use it.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.