Re: file path peculiarity with xinclude

At 10:49 AM -0800 1/14/03, Bob Stayton wrote:
On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:31:00PM +0000, Lisa Carey wrote:
 Hi list,

 I have a number of existing docbook documents, and was hoping to use
 xinclude to join them together into a larger book as described in Bob's
 helpful guide.  Each of the documents includes some external files as system
 entities.

 When I used Elliotte Rusty Harold's xinclude java app to try and resolve the
 xincludes in my master book document, it mysteriously couldn't seem to find
 the system entities.  Further investigation revealed that it was looking for
 each of these external files one level up from their actual location in the
 file system.  So, for instance, if the file was at C:\foo\bar\myfile.xml, it
 would look for it as foo\myfile.xml.

It's possible it's a bug in XIncluder. Any chance you could try the same process with another implementation, say xmlvalid from libxml2, and see if that works?

| Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |