Website with fink installed libxml

I'm trying to use Website 2.3. I have no idea if this has to do with
how I installed/where I downloaded Website or how I installed libxml and libxml2 with
Fink on a Mac, OS X machine. I can't make the example website and I assume I
just have things in the wrong place, need to create an XML catalog, or
just completely misunderstood the instructions for building the Makefile.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate it. I assume I screwed up
creating the Make file or that I either forgot to includes something
in a path or catalog.

Here is what I did:

I donwloaded website-2.3.tar.gz, then unzipped, untarred it in my home
directorory. I cd'ed to website/example.  I copied the Makefile
template from
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/website/example/buildmake.html
but I hit problems using the fink installed xsltproc and getting the
make file to do anything. The first time I kept getting errors, I just
reloaded everything to eliminate any previous typos and now, the
Makefile for the example just complains about a "missing separator"

--
Josh Kuperman
josh@ssimr.com