Re: xsl component.title.properties

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 10:49:58PM +0100, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used docbook-xsl v1.58.1. I've tried to customize the space after
> the title of a chapter in my fo style-sheet by using
> "component.title.properties". This does not work.  Indeed, I take a
> look at fo/component.xsl and "component.title.properties" is never
> used. I will add
>
> 	xsl:use-attribute-sets="component.title.properties"
>
> around line 41. No?

That is one way to do it, but
there's a reason that component.title.properties is not
used by the stylesheets. That is because it has been
replaced by the fo/titlepage.templates.xml specification
file.  The parameter should probably be removed from the
distribution because people think it is doing something,
but it isn't.

The problem was that the component.title template is used
by a lot of elements including article, appendix, index,
bibliography, glossary, colophon, dedication, and chapter.
So change one, you change them all.

The specifications in titlepage.templates.xml let you set
properties for each kind of title independently, which
gives you much finer control.  You have to regenerate the
titlepage.templates.xsl stylesheet file when you change the
spec file.  This URL shows you how to do that (for HTML,
but the process for FO is the same):

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#HTMLTitlePage

The "Print customization examples" chapter in that book
has many other formatting options as well.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com