book and website navigation

I have an official website built with the Website 2.3 DTD (xsl, xsltproc).

I have a DocBook book (currently sgml, dsl, openjade) that I would like to serve from my official website. I would like to navigate between the website and the book. I have 2 approaches that I have tried experimentally:

1) Serve the book from within the website. I have tried this with a small xml book, book.xml:

<!DOCTYPE webpage
       PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DTD Website V2.3//EN"
       "http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/website/2.3/website.dtd"; [
<!ENTITY book SYSTEM "book.xml" NDATA XML>
]>
<webpage>
  <para>
    <olink targetdocent="book" type="embed">here is a book</olink>
  </para>
</webpage>

The results are almost what is required; the small test book appears inside the webpage. But the entire book appears in a single file, even though I used the chunk-tabular.xsl stylesheet. Is this a problem with xsltproc or is there some other trick to chunking?

2) Build the book separately from the website and place a link to it (using <ulink/> or a <tocentry/>) in the website. With the dsl stylesheets the book is chunked into pages with header and footer navigation. In addition to the usual Prev, Next, and Home, I would like to add a navigational link to the official website. That way, people who find a random book page via a search will be able to find the website. Additionally, search engines will be able to recognize the book pages as part of the website content. Is it hard or easy to put an extra navigational link to a specific URL using the dsl stylesheets?

Or is there a third way to navigate between a book and a website?

--
Kevin M. Dunn
Professor of Chemistry