Re: index link with docbook-xsl

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 10:26:10PM +0100, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the index (html output) the links are to the closest containing
> section.  Is it possible to have the links to the closest "point" in
> the document (anchor or section).  I think this is an important
> feature. Moreover, if I well understand the collateindex.pl doc this
> "was" possible with docbook-dsssl.

Interesting.  Yes, it is certainly possible for the
reference to go directly to the location of the indexterm,
because the html stylesheet does insert a name anchor
for each one inline.  But the stylesheet doesn't actually use it
in the reference.  Instead, it purposely uses the id for the
containing section.  I can see why it uses the title
of the section for the HREF hot link, because there are
no page numbers and that helps the reader identify where
the link goes. But I don't see why it shouldn't go to the
indexterm named anchor.

Perhaps Norm can clarify?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com