Re: Automated indexterms? was"DOCBOOK: proper use of indexterm?"

David Cramer <dcramer@broadjump.com> writes:

> Would a something like this be generally useful enough (and possible
> to implement without adding too much processing overhead) to merit a
> feature request? Any problems with the idea that I'm not seeing? I'm
> envisioning a parameter or similar mechanism where the stylesheet
> user specifies a list of elements that should always be included in
> the index: autoindex.elements or something.

I duno, it really seems like it should be a local thing people do
rather than something in the XSL stylesheets.  I don't really know how
we could get it right for all possible uses (even if turned off by
default of course), and correct me if I'm wrong but this is easy to do
in the context of local configuration, no?