Re: mixing section elements

/ Roel Vanhout <roel@riks.nl> was heard to say:
| the moment) Arbortext's Epic editor to edit the document, and it
| complained that <simplesect> was out of context when it's parent node
| also had <sect1> or <section> elements, eg like this:

You can't mix section types. They form a strict hierarchy.

| <chapter>
|    <title>Example title</title>
|    <sect1><para>Test para</para></sect1>
| </chapter>

It might be reasonable to allow that, although I would always want to
prohibit

 <chapter>
    <title>Example title</title>
    <sect1><para>Test para</para></sect1>
 </chapter>

and

 <chapter>
    <title>Example title</title>
    <sect1><para>Test para</para></sect1>
    <sect1><para>Test para</para></sect1>
 </chapter>

| I also couldn't add a <simplesect> element as a sibling to a <sect1>,
| <sect2> or <section> element through Epic's GUI.
| I looked through the documentation (tdg) and looked at the content
| model of chapter, and although I'm not an expert at reading dtd's, it
| looks like my example should be valid. Now, the dtd that Epic uses is
| that for DocBook 4.0; has this changed in the mean time? Did I read
| the content model wrong? Any hints? Thanks!

You can do this:

 <chapter>
    <title>Example title</title>
    <sect1><para>Test para</para>
    </sect1>
 </chapter>

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

- --
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | One of the great misfortunes of
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | mankind is that even his good
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | qualities are sometimes useless to