Re: XMLSPY and DocBook

I've tried to let our authors use XMLSpy, but that didn't work out too great. It's ok for simple things, but for tables & formulas & documents bigger than let's say 3 chapters of 5 section's each, you're out of luck. Also I found the stylesheets to be not so great, and it was very slow with a document of a reasonable size (50 kb+).
If you're willing to spend some money, you're imho better off with Epic (www.arbortext.com) (considering that XmlSpy isn't cheap either...) You can mail me if you have specific questions about XmlSpy & DocBook, if you want.

cheers,

roel

Corey Arnold wrote:
Hi,
I am considering using DocBook to create a Manual of Procedures. Ideally I'd like to do so in an environment that is easy for those who are unfamiliar with programming and mark up to understand. Currently I am trying to use XMLSPY. If someone has attempted this before I would very much appreciate input into the feasibility of this plan or if someone can suggest an information resource that would be great too.

Thanks,

Corey