From: Jirka Kosek [mailto:jirka@kosek.cz]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 6:56 AM
To: Gisbert Amm
Cc: docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: HTML Help: Missing index

Gisbert Amm wrote:

> Now I left the parameter 'htmlhelp.use.hhk' out of my customization layer
> and got the *.chm with index as expected. I'm using the XSL-Stylesheets
> Version 1.60.1 with Xalan-J 2.4.1

Xalan is the problem. It doesn't support text output method on text
chunks (using xalan:redirect extensions). I will try to find whether
there is any workaround for this.

> Nevertheless I've not yet understood what the parameter 'htmlhelp.use.hhk'
> is for and how I might use it the right way. I googled again for the term
> and didn't find an answer to the questions why there are two ways to
> generate indexes for HTML Help, what there differences are and when to use
> which one.

Well documentation is not very verbose:

Name
htmlhelp.use.hhk - Should be index built using HHK file?

Synopsis
§211: §216

  1| <xsl:param name="htmlhelp.use.hhk"
  2|            select="0"/>

Description
If non-zero, index is created using HHK file. This provides some new
features.

But index is created anyway. With HHK file indexterm is pointing to
exact place of occurence, but sections names are mangled if there are
multiple occurences of this term in index. It is known limitation of HH,
and its your decision what is more approriate in your documentation.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz