Re: DOCBOOK: Dynamic Linking

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 08:42:08AM -0600, Corey Arnold wrote:
> Hi,
> I am creating a Manual of Procedures using Docbook and am trying to figure
> out how to do dynamic linking.  For example, in the printed version I would
> like to place references to different page numbers, but in the web version
> I would like those references to be hyperlinked.
>
> My other question regards pagination.  I do not want the entire manual to
> be in one long HTML document, but would like to break it up by section in
> separate files.
>
> I am sure there are easy answers to these questions, but I am a novice at
> XML and Docbook so I would appreciate all the help I can get.

I presume you are using the XSL stylesheets.
If so, you can find answers to these questions in the
doc I have written at:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/index.html

See the sections on "Chunking into multiple files"
and "Cross reference page numbers".

For future reference, the "docbook-apps" mailing list is
the appropriate list for discussion of stylesheets
and processing. The "docbook" list is for DTD discussions
(this is not obvious).

                                            email: bobs@sco.com