Re: XHTML Strict

Steve.Nunez@bluewave.com wrote:

What that basically means is that I'll be given content in XML, and I've
got to turn it into XHTML Strict, where it will then be styled by the
"Creative" department using CSS.

sensible startegy IMHO

[...] Strict is a requirement of this project, and if it's not available in
DocBook

DocBook itself, as a document language, has nothing to do with XHTML or any other possible output format of some transformation. Italian is "not available" in English, but you can translate English to Italian :)

If with "DocBook" you refer to Norm's XSLTs, then perhaps this package will offer what you need at some point; I don't know when.

I'd certainly consider putting in the effort required to get it
there. Can anyone knowledgeable estimate how much work is required to reach
this point? I imagine that a truely generic xhtml strict might be a bit of
work,

true

so if anyone has any style sheets that work on a subset of DocBook
4.2,

I do :)

(or simple docbook) that they's like to share I would like to have a
look at them.

You can look at
http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/about.xml#sources
Undergoing a rewrite, moving to a new URL.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/