xml ,dsssl and characters à é ò

i use the XXE editor to authoring my docbbok documents;
i use Saxon and XSL stylesheet to publishing in HTML format;
i use openjade and DSSSL stylesheet to publishing in PDF format.
All is very well functioning and i have only one problem :
If i include in my document caracters like à é ò  th HTMLoutput is okay ,
instead the PDF output is like this à é Ã2
what's the problem an is there any solution ?