Re: Breaking a document into smaller pieces

Rune Enggaard Lausen wrote:
I'm using Emacs with psgml. Using method a) does not allow me to associate any DTD to my chunk, so psgml is worthless, right?

Wrong :-)

At the end of each subdocument, you put a comment similar to

<!--
Local Variables:
mode: xml
sgml-parent-document: ("master-file.xml")
End:
-->

Substitute the name of your file containing the DOCTYPE for "master-file.xml".

The next time you load the subdocument PSGML knows where to find the reference to the DTD and everything is great again.

Sorry, but it doesn't work. I get the following error message in Emacs' minibuffer:

File mode specification error: (void function char-table-parent)

As you proposed, I've done the following in my chapter1.xml:

<!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
Local variables:
mode: xml
sgml-omittag:t
sgml-shorttag:t
sgml-namecase-general:t
sgml-general-insert-case:lower
sgml-minimize-attributes:nil
sgml-always-quote-attributes:t
sgml-indent-step:2
sgml-indent-data:nil
sgml-parent-document:("LEDATutorium.xml")
sgml-exposed-tags:nil
sgml-local-catalogs:nil
sgml-local-ecat-files:nil
End:
-->

I've read through the info pages of psgml, but it does not give me more information.

Greetings,
Joachim