Screenshots in procedures

Is there a way to place screenshots into a procedure without using <figure> as
a wrapper? When I add <figure> I must add <title> in order to validate. But I
don't want a title and I don't want the xsl to add the figure #. caption to
the the screenshots in a procedure.

What can I do?

I have tried the following, but neither validate.

<procedure>
                    <title>Java Installation Package</title>
                    <step>
                            the directory containing the Treebeard jar
file.</para>
                    </step>
                    <step>
                        <para>Start the install by typing <command>java
                                -jar treebeard_V07_Java.jar</command>.
                            The first Treebeard Install dialog is
                        displayed.</para>.
                    </step>