Re: Placement of 'id' attribute in FO output forglossentry elements

Hello,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 11:03:04PM +1030, Paul A. Hoadley wrote:

> I am using XSL stylesheets version 1.60.0 and XEP to render FO to
> PDF (in fact, via PostScript and then ps2pdf).  When I place a
> glossentry in a glossary, the generated FO output includes the 'id'
> attribute in the fo:list-item element.  I have noticed that this
> causes Acrobat Reader (under Unix and Windows) to occasionally jump
> to a location slightly above or below (by a few lines) the actual
> glossary entry label.  While it is quite conceivable that this bug
> is being introduced by XEP or ps2pdf, I noticed that hand-moving the
> 'id' attribute to the fo:block element directly surrounding the text
> of the label alleviates the problem.

David Tolpin of RenderX found the bug in XEP.  It was related (not
suprisingly) to where XEP was placing the target of the hyperlink.  He
tells me it will be fixed in the next maintenance release of XEP.

--
Paul.

mailto:paulh@logicsquad.net
mailto:phoadley@maths.adelaide.edu.au