Re: Bug in the fo xsl-stylesheet header/footer formating?

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:38:09AM -0500, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> If the attachment survives posting, the PNG shows the error: The head
> and foot sections are only half the width of the page; this was the
> default behaviour (no customization layer) which I had reported before
> as the title being wrapped at the 14th character -- now that I've
> set the Draft flag to 'on' it's much more obvious that the three
> tables of the header/footer are simply squished into half the page
> width.
>
> This is xsl-stylesheets 1.60.1 with the FO producted by xsltproc and
> the PDF output produced by the most recent (built from sources)
> PassiveTeX.
>
> Do I correct this by re-implementing the header/footer as per
> http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/PrintCustomEx.html ?  Or is there
> some more direct way?

As a test, I would suggest you try customizing the
header.table and footer.table templates in fo/pagesetup.xsl
to use fixed values with a dimension unit, such as
column-width="2in" or something.  If that works, we can
figure out a way to configure the header/footer table
templates so they are compatible with all the FO processors.

                                            email: bobs at sco dot com