Use of titleabbrev in list of figurea and tables

Hello,

I'm just wondering why titleabbrevs are not used in the list of figures/tables.

I have some tables and figures with a quite long description (given in <title>....</title>) and a short description (given in <titleabbrev>..</titelabbrev>).

Now in the running text, when I have an xref to such a table or figure, the text from the titleabbrev is used by the stylesheets, but not for the list of figures/tables.

Can this be turned on someway?

Greetings,
Joachim